ME, HOW TO, AND NOT TO VIEW ME 3-13-15

                                                ME
I have very visible illnesses that sometimes hide both the invisible ones inside and the person I am.  I need oxygen to breathe and use a wheelchair. I am NOT the wheelchair and really dislike it when people refer to me as "the girl in the wheelchair." Please don't ignore me. Don't pretend I don't exist,or think I am invisible. I need help, yes and I appreciate help immensely, but, don't rob me of my independence, pride and dignity in the process. I am very capable of making my own decisions, don't make them for me. Please, do NOT talk to me like a child. I am an adult with a good mind and don't like it when people start taking over my life.
Please get to know me before you judge me or label me. Don't be afraid of me because of what's wrong in me, NOT WITH ME. Going through this life threatening  struggles, I need everyone's support. Don't be afraid to have a relationship as my friend. I need your support as I go through my life.
                                                                              Evelyn Pinto.
                                                                              March 13, 2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024