PEOPLE IRKS, WHILE USING MY WHEELCHAIR 4-20-16


Why do people just barge in and push my wheelchair with me in, without my permission and, at times, without my knowledge:
I really, really wish people would ask me "first" before they attempt to help me.
If I need/want the help I would say yes, otherwise don't help me without first getting my okay.
I understand that people want to help me and I do appreciate the help but, I do want to be asked "before they touch my wheelchair or me.
It's only common courtesy!
Another thing that really bothers me is, that if I'm with another person, and I'm riding along with her, in my wheelchair, many people will ask that other person how I am.
Hey, I'm here, in front of you and very, very capable of communicating how I am.
"Talk To Me!"
These actions are so dehumanizing and take away my independence and dignity besides robbing of the person I am!
                        Evelyn Pinto
                        April 20, 2016


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024