I WANT TO BE THERE FOR MY NEIGHBOR 4-28-16

 

I Want To Be There For My Neighbor
We should love our Neighbors for our similarities and respect, not judge, our neighbors' differences!
We can always learn from each other!
If we only had a magic wand and could see inside everyone we encounter, I think we might be more patient, caring and nicer to our neighbors.
We would also realize we all share a common ground, we are all human beings.
We are all made the same way with the same emotions.
We are human beings .
We may be going through different stuff but, we all go through happy times as well as difficult and painful trials in the journey of our life!
We should all see what we have in common instead of just noticing (and a lot of times, judging others by) what is different in us!
Many times people see my wheelchair and already have made a judgment of me and what I am like by just the wheelchair.
They see my disabilities ad what they notice is what i can't do, totally missing it when they don't see all I can do and how very much I am capable of!
Many people notice where I live and then there’s another judgment of me based on my living situation.
Many see my medical and psychiatric diagnosis sheet and there it goes, more judgments made before they even meet me!
I've been given many labels and very, very few describe the person I am!
Sometimes, I, myself make judgment calls on my neighbors and for this I apologize.
I know other people, even people I know and love, need a little more understanding and compassion from me. I want to give that person who needs it, a gentle pat on the back. I want to give her those words of encouragement when she really, really needs them! I want to forgot about my needs and be there for my family and neighbors,
I so want to be around for that person, who needs me at a painful and desperate time in her/his life.
I want to be there for you!

Evelyn M. Pinto
April 28, 2016





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024