LET ME BE "ME"! 6-22-16





In the journey of my life, I always tended to be different.
I really had no interest to be like everyone else.
I certainly did not follow the crowd!
When I was much younger and not like the rest of my peers, there tended to be some bullying.
There had also been a mad rush, by professionals, to label me.
Did I tell you, I really, really hate labels?
I don't understand why, when I just want to be myself, people have to put a label on me!
The field of Psychiatry is very busy these days labeling people!
And don’t I know it!
Let me sing in the hallways!
Let me laugh, when I think it’s funny!
Let me dance in the hallways, even if it’s doing wheelies in my wheelchair!
Please, allow me to be that person that God intended me to be, even if I am a bit weird but, unique!
Let me be who I am!
Let me be “ME”!
                Evelyn Pinto
               June 22, 2016





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024