ME, SHOPPING, MEADOW GLENN MALL 6-7-16

I went to the Meadow Glenn Mall, before it closed for good.
I did some serious shopping.
I put my shopping list into categories:
#1 Things I needed
#2 Things I needed to get for others
#3 Things I wanted
#4 Things I liked
#5 Things I just couldn't live without
#6 Things that were on sale
The mall was something I did before my sickness, which was a catalyst in a different life for me.
It was some way of finding some normality in my life.
Also, I wanted to do something I used to do before becoming a person with serious medical issues.
I used to go to Meadow Glen Mall a lot with my family.
It was, a family thing!
I reminisced the days of the Meadow Glen Drive In.
My family saw movies at night outside, in our cars.
This adventurous excursion of mine was a way for me to connect with yesterday, and, at the same time find something familiar to bring back to life today.
I wasn't sure if I could pull this adventure of mine off.
Me - riding in my wheelchair and carrying 2 tanks of oxygen on the back of the wheelchair.
All during this time, biblical scripture were in my head:
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me".
Jeremiah:" For I have good thoughts of you", says the Lord, "thoughts of peace, not evil, to give you a future and hope."
I am not responsible for the happenings of this day.
I did not have the strength or courage to go through this wild excursion alone.
I had help, from my Friend/
He’s called "Jesus".
                           Evelyn Pinto
                          June 7, 2016 (edited)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024