I, A WITNESS TO JESUS 9-27-15


I'm a witness to Jesus Christ!
I can tell you when Jesus came into my life.
I will also tell you how God is working in my life.
Jesus entered my life at time that I was an emotional mess and, physically, near death.
It could have gone either way  in this dark, dark place I was in.
A light shone, through this darkness, with a voice that also penetrated through the darkness that me to hold on.
"No matter what happens tonight",, that voice  said, "just hold on!"
I could not, then, identify the voice or that light that shown through but,I held on to it!
I know now that The Light and The Voice was Jesus!
Since that dark, dark time, God has worked in my life.
My life has not been easy.
I have COPD, asthma, respiratory failure and congestive heart failure.
I also use a manual wheelchair to move around in.
I live in an assited living where most of the people are living with serious health issues also.
Even in my acute state, I monister, in a loving way, to those around me.
I love God, life and I love people
It comes natural to me to check on people I don't see, help when I can, and love those who society has, lots of times, forgotten,
This is where I'm needed and it's just where God needs me to be. 
I'm not perfect, by no means, and a lot of times I do slip up,
But,  I dust myself off, rest and try again.
I aso feel sadness, a really deep sadness over the life and death battles that so many I know closely are fighting. 
It seems nothing can fill all those voids in me of the people of all my friends here, that death has taken.
Someone does fill those voids and that someone is Jesus.
Jesus fills that emptiness with an over abundance of love that gives me the courage to love again.
So, off I go again to look for those who need someone to hear them, accept them and love them as I share with these people The Good News of Jesus!
                                                                    Evelyn Pinto
                                                                    September 27, 2015


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024