I read this:"Don't be afraid of anything new. Remember Amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titantic". I may live with disabilities and don't have a professional background but I do observe everything going on around me. Those that think I can't do anything (and some actually think I'm a  useless person in society. This talk does not bother me because it shows their ignorance. I said that I was tired to a person working for a friend. Her response was "What have you got to be tired from"? I was bothered at that statement from her as I havan't got the right or shouldn't be tired. I really don't like when people make judgements like that without knowing my circumstances and I do have a right and I do get tired.People make judgements when they look at me, look at the wheelchair, se the sickness and pain I go through, and some think I don't have a brain in my head. I wish people would look past the obvious, look past the disabilities, look past where I take residence, look past all that . Then they would see the Real Thing. They will see Me. Many People just don't have the patience needed to understand how I feel at times, to understand me, to see me covered by the wheelchair, covered by disabilities, covered by the difficulties that I have in communicating. I expressed a lot of how I perceive the world and how the world perceives me or most of the time their very inaccurate view of who they think is me. It's difficult to be with people at  times especially when they already formed their view of who I am. At times, I don't stand a chance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024