A LONGING FOR WELLNESS AND STABILITY 8-22-16



On my 4th day as a patient in the hospital.
It is around 6:30 in the morning and I have been awake since 3am.
I am not a good sleeper, haven't been for most of my life.
Being this acutely ill, I know my body needs a lot more quality sleep.
Today is Monday, so, not like the weekend, there will be a mirage of normality in the hospital.
The hospital is not normal for myself, or for any patient.
Being sick is not really normal either.
Being ill, my body is on overload and my emotions are scattered all over the place.
Scary, frightful thoughts overcome my mind.
I'm vulnerable, both physically and emotionally.
I long to be with my friends.
I really want to be and feel better.
I long to have stability, normality, comfort and the familiar back in my life.
I pray to be home, among familiar faces.
I really need to be home, in my apartment, around my stuff and be with the people that make me feel safe.
I need to feel safe, 1st, in the peace of Jesus!
                       Evelyn Pinto
                      August 22, 2016





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024