TUFTS UNIVERSITY STUDENTS, AN OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN 8-28-16





I would like to thank the Tufts University students for visiting the assisted living where I live today.
These young people arrived at 9am, ready and willing to mingle with us and help our community as well as learn.
9am on a Sunday morning, very few of us wanted to teach or mingle with them.
Perhaps  arriving with coffee and donuts might have brought more of us to the 3rd floor where I and a friend fraternized with these eager and young students.
Yes, more and more of us talked to , learned from and were entertained by these fresh souls, who were ready and willing to learn but, much more, be of service to us.
They departed from our place of residence, still eager with a fresh view of what people are like in a senior living community.
I hope these young people realize how much good they accomplished here. on this hot and humid Sunday.
I pray my new friends will know what a privilege it was for me, creating a connection with them. 
I learned today about the lives of young people, freshly partaking life as freshman in a credited university.
This adventure took me down the road I traveled as a student at Emmanuel College years ago.
Yes, as was my nutrition was as a college student, there are still Ramen noodles and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
               Evelyn Pinto
              August 28, 2016













A blog written by my new friend Evelyn Pinto!! My FOCUS fam and I had the pleasure of meeting and talking to this wonderful woman today. Thank you for all of the life lessons Evelyn, we will see you soon!

Kelsey Kendzulak

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SAD LOOKING CHRISTMAS TREE 12-10-2024

MEMORIAL DAY 5-30-16

The Medical Profession: Problems 5-6-2024